DreamFactory 2.5 has shipped! This is a significant release that adds API rate limits to DreamFactory Gold, new REST APIs for Apple Push Notification Service (APNs) and Google Cloud Messaging (GCM), an upgrade to the latest AWS SDK, and a number of important bug fixes. You can download the 2.5 release from Bitnami or GitHub now.
Read more about DreamFactory’s new features.
Here’s what’s new:
Version 2.5 release notes
- API improvements
- Added API rate limits to DreamFactory Gold. This feature lets an administrator specify API limits for an entire DreamFactory instance, specific end users, and specific REST APIs. This feature provides an easy way to natively enforce API limits in your DreamFactory instance.
- Added support for Apple Push Notification Service, aka APNs (this feature is a commercial DreamFactory feature not available in the open source product). You can now easily set up DreamFactory as a push notification provider for your iOS mobile apps. Learn more about DreamFactory’s support for APNs in the docs here.
- Added support for Google Cloud Messaging, aka GCM (this feature is a commercial DreamFactory feature not available in the open source product). You can now easily set up DreamFactory as a push notification provider for your Android mobile apps. Learn more about DreamFactory’s support for GCM in the docs here.
- Upgraded to latest AWS SDK. DreamFactory API now uses latest internal filtering for Amazon DynamoDB.
- Fixed several issues with Apache Cassandra from initial beta release.
- Changed database error message, particularly with batch requests, to be consistent across services.
- Fixed Active Directory login issue with accented characters in user names.
- API handles any outer wrapper on incoming XML, not just ‘dfapi’, as there is no need to restrict.
- API always returns a batch response when using ‘ids’ in URL or payload, even for a single id.
- Miscellaneous enhancements and bug fixes
- Upgraded to the latest Laravel 5.4 framework.
- Fixed migrations with timestamp fields due to Laravel issue #11518 with some MySQL versions.
- Fixed schema issues with AWS Redshift.
- Added overwrite option for package import.
- Fixed a package export error.
- Added script tokening to authenticate internal script calls from Node.js and Python scripts.
- Fixed issue creating a role when role description exceeds 255 characters.