DreamFactory 2.4.2 is live! This release adds new APIs for SAML and Azure Active Directory, event-driven configuration of the logging service, database function support, usability improvements to the schema manager, and a whole lot more. You can download the 2.4.2 release from Bitnami or GitHub now. Here’s a roundup of 2.4.2 improvements:
Read more about DreamFactory’s new features.
Version 2.4.2 release notes
- API improvements
- Added SAML 2.0 support as an authentication service (note that the SAML service is a commercial feature not available in the open source product).
- Added support for Azure Active Directory (this feature is a commercial feature not available in the open source product).
- Added event-driven configurability to the logging service (logging is a commercial feature not available in the open source product).
- Clarified context option names in the logger service.
- SMTP service no longer requires authentication or SSL/TLS.
- OAuth callback handler now checks for service name using the state identifier when the service name isn’t present on the callback URL.
- Cached WSDL files from SOAP services cleared upon system cache clear.
- Improved error handling and display of original content when response content can’t be resolved to Accept type.
- For database services, now checking column count to avoid trying to fetch a non-existent rowset.
- SOAP services now load WSDL files from storage/wsdl if only the file name is given.
- Added send_invite parameter to user API documentation.
- Scripting improvements
- Added event.setRequest() for Node.js scripting.
- Updated v8js support on Homestead for PHP 7.1.
- Handling exceptions thrown in callback functions in NodeJS scripting.
- Miscellaneous improvements
- Significant usability improvements to the schema manager in the admin console.
- Added support for binary and unknown data types by implementing database function support across all fields, not just virtual fields.
- Package manager now indicates bad services (connection failures, etc.).
- Refactored database, email, and script services to be their own repos instead of part of core.
- Fixed verb tunneling for proper role-based access control.
- Fixed use of special words like “table” in SQLite.
- Added support for Homestead 4.0 with PHP 7.1.
- By default on Linux-based operating systems, now using Microsoft pdo_sqlsrv driver over pdo_dblib for SQL Server.
- Updated Vagrant provision script.
Read more about DreamFactory 2.4:
DreamFactory 2.4.1 includes Couchbase and DocumentDB